The games of the “God of War” series are one of Sony’s most popular franchises. What ranks as your favorite game in the series?
The “god of war best game of all time” is a question that has been asked by many people. The GoW games are some of the most popular video games in history, so it’s no surprise that they have received a lot of praise from critics and gamers alike.
You don’t have to have played them all; I’m simply interested in how people feel about them in general.
From most favorite to least favorite, in my opinion:
- God of War III is the third installment in the God of War series. This is, in my opinion, the series’ pinnacle, with stunning graphics, the tightest combat, the most polished gameplay, and a wonderful climax that would have been a fitting sendoff for the series if they’d wanted to finish it there. I’ve probably played it a dozen times or more, and it never gets old.
- God of War 2 is a sequel to God of War. This is when the series truly took off, and it’s still one of the best PS2 games. On repeated playthroughs, it may be a touch sluggish to get going, but there’s not much else to complain about.
- The Olympus Chains It’s a pleasant surprise, since despite being a little handheld game, it seems like a vital part of the broader continuity. The new weapons and spells are entertaining, and the surroundings are beautiful. The camera is the game’s major flaw, which caused me to die a dozen times from adversaries offscreen at one point.
- God of War 4/God of War 2018 is the fourth installment in the God of War series (whatever people call it). I wasn’t enthusiastic about this one, which was clearly the butchering of a holy cow for some. The graphics, writing, and plot were all fantastic, but the gameplay seemed clumsy to me. I haven’t been compelled to play it since the first time I did.
- 1. God of War This is basically on par with the last item. It’s the one that began it all, but it’s also the one that seems a little out of date in a lot of ways. Because of its age and position as the oldest, it doesn’t exactly fit in as well as the others, and parts of it seem quite “video gamey” in contrast to the sequel, which came out just two years later.
- Sparta’s phantom. This one strikes me as the most like a filler entry. The level design, which is for the most part terribly basic and dull, is what truly brings it down for me. It has some memorable moments, such as when we visit Sparta or when you sink Atlantis at the start, but it otherwise seems like “insert god of war game here,” if you know what I mean.
- Ascension. Ascension is well behind the others, with what I can best define as “good concepts, bad execution.” It’s undoubtedly the most visually stunning game on the PS3, yet the gameplay seems severely hampered. I’m not sure why the developers opted to lock previously accessible moves behind a bar that you build up by causing damage, and only make them available when the bar is full. The same may be said about the magic. The fact that, apart from the blades, the only weapon accessible is a temporary pickup didn’t sit well with me. The plot wasn’t really interesting, either.
How’s it going with your to-do list?
Original source: link
Novelization of GOW
So, I just completed reading the book, and am I the only one who thinks that book Kratos is weaker than game Kratos? In the game, Kratos seems to be just marginally stronger than Baldur, except when he employs spartan wrath, and Baldur’s speed, light abilities, and invulnerability are what give him his…
Other games have been wrecked as a result of God of War.
So, I just finished playing the new God of War game, and I believe I like it a little too much. I’ve completed the game at least 20 times and believe I’m getting (if I’m not already) obsessed with it. I’ve always enjoyed gaming, but I’ve never been very good at it…
Misconceptions and Lore in World of Warcraft
So, since I’ve seen that a lot of people have incorrect information or are just unaware of it, I’m going to provide some excerpts from the books as well as background lore/knowledge in order to better explain some of it. If you want to read them all, buckle up, but they’re all towards the bottom of the article…
For the game God of War, post “What’s your personal rating of the GoW games?”
2021’s Top 35 New PC Games
Are you looking for PC games to play? Here are all of the new PC games to keep an eye on in 2021.
20 Best New PS4 Games in 2021
The pace of PlayStation 4 game releases isn’t going to slow down in 2021. Here’s everything to look forward to in the coming months.
The “god of war games ranked by difficulty” is a question that was asked on the GoW subreddit. The community has ranked the games from easiest to hardest.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered the best God of War game?
A: The best God of War game is the newest one, God of War (2018).
Is God of War the greatest game of all time?
A: If one can find a better game, I am not sure what that would be.
What was the worst God of War game?
A: God of War III was released in 2011 and was a commercial failure. It is often considered the worst game in the God of War series, due to it being very different from its predecessors.
- god of war games ranked reddit
- god of war games ranked best to worst
- god of war ranked
- best god of war game ps4
- god of war games in order